Peacock Journal BuilderBrilliant peacocks, floral accents, and music manuscript collages full of rich colours and romantic themes.
- Flexible binding allows for comfortable writing cover-to-cover.
- Exposed spine with intricate stitching in coordinating colour(s).
- Bound with heavy waxed linen for strength and durability.
- Strong case-style binding.
- Closed spine covered with coordinating bookcloth.
- Decorative exposed stitching in heavy waxed linen for strength and durability.
- Refillable and sturdy!
- Vegan-friendly alternative to leather journal covers.
- Also serves as a protective cover for our lay-flat and hardcover journals of the same sizes.
All journals are made to order. Images of finished books are for example only - your journal may vary depending on the options you choose!
LAY-FLAT & HARDCOVER SIZES
- A4 – 210 x 297 mm (Approx. 8¼ x 11¾ in)
- B5 – 176 x 250 mm (Approx. 7 x 10 in)
- A5 – 148 x 210 mm (Approx. 6 x 8¼ in)
- Cahier / Moleskine – 127 x 210 mm (Approx. 5 x 8¼ in)
- B6 – 125 x 176 mm (Approx. 5 x 7 in)
- A6 – 105 x 148 mm (Approx. 4 x 6 in)
- A7 – 74 x 105 mm (Approx. 3 x 4 in)
REFILLABLE TRAVELERS NOTEBOOK SIZES
This is the size of the insert that fits in the cover – the cover itself will be taller and wider to protect the pages.
- B5 – 176 x 250 mm (7 x 10 in)
- A5 – 148 x 210 mm (6 x 8 ¼ in)
- Cahier – 127 x 210 mm (5 x 8 ¼ in)
- Classic Slim – 110 x 210 mm (4 ¼ x 8 ¼ in)
- B6 – 125 x 176 mm (5 x 7 in)
- Personal – 95 x 171 mm (3 ¾ x 6 ¾ in)
- A6 – 105 x 148 mm (4 x 6 in)
- Field Notes – 89 x 140 mm (3 ½ x 5 ½ in)
- Passport – 89 x 122 mm (3 ½ x 4 ¾ in)
- Micro A7 – 74 x 105 mm (3 x 4 in)
140gsm Cartridge Paper
An excellent quality all-purpose paper suitable for writing, drawing, fountain pens, and mixed-media journalling. It is soft white in colour and uncoated with a very light tooth. This is our most popular choice, offering the least amount of show-through from front to back and still a good number of pages. If you have purchased from us in the past, this is likely the paper you are used to from us.
120gsm Extra Smooth Cartridge
Our newest paper option! This beautiful extra smooth paper is ideal for juicy fountain pens and brush lettering without wearing on your nibs. With 20% cotton blended in, the surface is buttery smooth but uncoated so there is no unpleasant slickness or long drying times. Page counts are the same as our 140gsm paper, but the finished books and inserts are a little thinner due to the lighter weight.
100gsm Cartridge Paper
The same quality and surface as our 140gsm cartridge paper in a thinner package! This lighter-weight option offers the maximum number of pages per journal while still boasting minimal show-through with most inks. If you want the maximum number of pages we can pack into a book and you don’t mind a little more show-through then this is the paper for you!
All of our writing papers are available in a variety of patterns:
- Ruled (Fine 5mm or Wide 6.5mm)
- Dot Grid (Micro 3.5mm, Standard 5mm or Large 7mm)
- Full Grid (Micro 3.5mm, Standard 5mm or Large 7mm)
- Isometric (Dot or Full Grid)
- French Grid
- Calligraphy Practice (5mm or 7mm baseline)
140gsm Cartridge Paper
Our popular cartridge paper is also an excellent choice for artists! The surface is uncoated so it grabs dry media without loosing depth, but the paper has also been internally sized for wet strength so watercolours and other paints also perform beautifully.
225gsm Watercolour Paper
A superb acid-free paper suitable for watercolour and other wet-media. Our watercolour paper has a NOT finish (slightly rough) and is a mid-white shade. It holds without fraying even through repeated layering and scrubbing.
Still not sure? Try our sampler paper pack!
All four paperweights, and all of our available patterns in one handy little A6 package.
Some of our designs will be sewn with multiple colours of thread, which adds to the time it takes to make each one. Journals with higher starting prices will have this multicolour binding!
- 100gsm Standard- 204 pgs
- 120gsm Extra Smooth – 144 pgs
- 140gsm Standard- 144 pgs
- 225gsm Watercolour – 84 pgs
- 100gsm Standard – 272 pgs
- 120gsm Extra Smooth – 192 pgs
- 140gsm Standard – 192 pgs
- 225gsm Watercolour – 112 pgs
- 100gsm Standard – 340 pgs
- 120gsm Extra Smooth – 240 pgs
- 140gsm Standard – 240 pgs
- 225gsm Watercolour – 140 pgs
- 100gsm Standard- 408 pgs
- 120gsm Extra Smooth – 288 pgs
- 140gsm Standard- 264 pgs
- 225gsm Watercolour – 168 pgs
Insert/Refill Page Counts*
- Our 100gsm inserts/refills have 68 pages.
- 120gsm and 140gsm inserts/refills have 48 pages.
- Calendars have 36 pages.
- Watercolour inserts/refills have 28.
* all page counts consider both the front and back of each leaf of paper
If you have an existing order that has not completed, and would like to add more items, please send us a message first! We can work with you on shipping discounts and revise your completion date as needed.
(We would ask that you please not place your new order and then ask us to combine the shipping after, as these extra refunds can be harmful over time to our reputation with our credit card processor!)
HOLIDAY PROCESSING TIMES: Please note that current processing times are about 2 weeks for the holiday / new year season.
We aim to post all orders in about a weeks time, though this can take longer during busy times of the year. Once posted, UK orders are typically received in 1-3 business days, EU orders are about a week on average, and orders to the US and the rest of the world are normally 7-10 business days. (Please understand, however, that customs can cause long delays with international orders.)
We are happy to add a name, personal message, your favourite quote, etc. to the first interior page of traditional journals. Please reach out to us prior to placing your order to discuss your options.
Ribbon page markers and some sort of closure (elastic or ribbon depending on the aesthetic style) are standard on nearly all of my journals. We can remove the page markers or swap ribbon / elastic closures if you like - just let us know your preferences when placing your order!
All of my solid colour notebooks, journals, and traveler's notebooks have been designed with coordinating ribbons, elastics, threads, etc - but I love mixing them up! There are too many possibilities for me to list them all, so please feel free to request your favourite color combination!
Some great examples: Purple/Teal, Ebony/Poppy, Steel/Meadow, Royal/Peel, Dove/Pink, Sky/White
If you don't see the colours you want, send me a message first and I may still be able to accommodate your request!
Still have questions? You can use our contact page to send us a message!
We now offer vinyl monogramming on all our journals! Choose from 6 fonts and 5 colours. All journals can have up to 10 characters added to the bottom right corner of the front cover, and some also have the option to add your monogram to the upper center instead (pattern dependant – this is not available on all prints.)